Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate programmes of the Federal University of Technology, Akure for the 2023/2024 Academic Session.
HIGHER DEGREE PROGRAMMES AND POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE
(i) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(ii)Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.), Master of Philosophy/ Doctor of Philosophy (M.Phil./Ph.D), Master of Agricultural Technology (M. Agric. Tech.), Master of Engineering (M. Eng.) and Master of Technology (M. Tech.)
(iii) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
(i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- (a) A first degree, not lower than Third Class, in the relevant discipline.
- (b) Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related discipline.
- (c) Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- (a) A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate discipline.
- (b) A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division from other recognized Universities, in the appropriate discipline.
- (c) Higher Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
(iii) Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) For M.Phil. in advertised discipline, a good M. Tech. degree or equivalent is required in the relevant discipline.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- (a) A good Masters degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average score.
- (b) Any other qualification approved by Senate.
C. DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
(i) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- (a) Full-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
- (b) Part-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and thirtysix (36) months.
(ii) Masters Programmes M.Agric.Tech./M.Eng./M.Tech./ Professional Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
(iii) M. Phil. Programme (a) Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twentyfour (24) months. (b) A candidate may transfer from M.Phil. to Ph.D programme after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved requirements.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programme
- (a) Full-Time candidates may defend their theses between thirty-six (36) and fortyeight (48) months.
- (b) Part-Time candidates may defend their theses between forty-eight (48) and sixty (60) months.
Note: Applicants are no longer required to present O’Level results for postgraduate admissions
D. METHODS OF APPLICATION
(i) Candidates should process their application on-line at the University’s website (http://futa.edu.ng), (http://www.arcsstee.org.ng), and (https://afrigist.org) using the REMITA method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
(ii) Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (Ph.D), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only
(iii)Specifically, Ph.D candidates should send their Research Proposal to email@example.com using surname_school/dept.doc e.g. Ojo_sos/che.researchproposal
(iv) Non–FUTA graduates are requested to print out Transcript Label attached to the Application Form and request their institutions to forward their official academic transcripts to the address below with the Transcript Label (indicating the target Department) latest SIX (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement
E. OPENING AND CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION
Application forms will be available for completion with effect from Monday, 16th October, 2023