This post will walk you through the process of applying to the Nigerian Defence Academy.
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) is a household name in Nigeria today due to the high quality of professional soldiers produced by the school over the years; as a result, Nigerian soldiers are among the best on the continent.
NDA was established in 1964 in what appears to be a quick response to the nation’s defense need to train officers for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. The Academy’s mission is to provide officer cadets with the skills, values, and knowledge required to meet military requirements. The Nigerian Defence Academy is headquartered in Kaduna.
NDA trains officers for the Nigerian Navy, Airforce, and Army. The NDA’s main mission is to train cadet officers in a 5-year Regular Combatants Course, and it has about 1500 students. It should be noted that the NDA does not only train soldiers, but also civilians. They also train students from B.Sc. to M.Sc. and Ph.D. levels.
So, if you want to go into NDA to further your education, don’t worry because this article will walk you through the process of applying for Nigerian Defence Academy and getting admitted.
Application Requirements for the Nigerian Defence Academy
All candidates must meet and follow certain requirements and steps in order to apply for the Nigerian Defence Academy. Before we get into the steps, let’s go over the prerequisites, which are listed and explained below.
How to Apply For Nigerian Defence Academy
Follow these instructions:
1. All applicants must have a minimum of 5 credit passes at Ordinary Level Certificate (WAEC, NECO, and GCE ) obtained in not more than sittings relevant to the faculty of their choices. Check the website on www.nda.edu.ng/content.php?pid=20 to see the full list
2. At least one supporting relevant credit to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Arts and Science and Faculty of Science. Visit www.nda.edu.ng/content.php?pid=20 for more information concerning faculties and their various requirements
3. At least credit in English and Mathematics is a must.
4. Parental/Guardian consent or attestation form.
5. All applicants must be at least 17 years and not older than 21 at the time of applying to enter into the academy, but those for Nigerian Airforce must be 17 and 18 years old of age at the time of entry.
6. All male applicants must be less than 1.68metres tall and the female 1.50metres tall.
7. All applicants must have sound health and must not have suffered any form of deformity in the past.
8. All applicants must be of good moral character and must not have a history of criminal court case.
9. All applicants must be single and without having any legal obligation to support any child or children.
10. All applicants must present Certificate of Local Government Area of origin and a Certificate of State Indigeneship obtained from office of their respective state governors.
11. You must have a JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) result.
Candidates are to note the following:
• All awaiting result applicants are not eligible to apply and all results must be submitted with application.
• Only exam results of 5 years from date will be accepted by the force.
• All Nigerians by birth are eligible to apply.
After meeting the requirements above, then you are close to making it into NDA but before then there are steps you have to follow on how to apply for Nigerian defence academy.
You don’t have to be nervous about how to apply for Nigeria Defence Academy because the steps are simple. Yes, to apply for Nigerian Defense Academy, you must do it online on their website by following these steps:
Step 1: Go to Home Portal: Preferably from the browser of your computer, go to www.ndaapplications.net and wait for a while for the portal to load. Sign up on the page that loads afterwards so that you can be redirected to another platform on the portal dedicated to the application you wish to do. After signing up, active your account from your email and keep the login details (email and password) secret. If you mistakenly forget your password, click on Recover Password link to take you to password recovery page for you to recover your password
Step 2: Create your data page: on the data page, all the fields must be filled out. You must fill your details (full names, addresses, mobile number and passwords) correctly and carefully to avoid errors. The page will send you a success message when you are done creating a personal data page and redirects you to login page automatically.
Step 3: Fill out the Application form: Use the login details created to login to the portal. Immediately you login, you will be linked to online application form. If your login details are correct, you will see a page were you can fill out all the necessary information they need. This page is basically divided into 6 sections: Personal data, schools attended, qualifications obtained, choice of service, faculty and department, and finally the part for scanned passport photograph upload).
Steps 4: Upload Necessary Documents: All requested documents like qualifications, Certificates of LGA of Origin and State of Origin, age declaration are uploaded on the portal. Ensure to click on Submit when you are done uploading the scanned documents.
Step 5: Acknowledgement Printing: After completing the processes described above, you will print the acknowledgement page which pops up automatically. This printed form should be in your custody.
Step 6: Exam Center: Please note that you must meet the prescribed JAMB cut-off score for the year before you are qualified to take this entrance exam at Nigerian Defence Academy. They will send you a notification informing you that you are qualified to do the exam and directing you to go back and login to their portal and choose an exam center for yourself.
Step 7: Examination Admission Card: At this stage you will print out the Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who made the JAMB cut-off score can get to this stage of the process. This When you have successfully printed it out, you will wait for your examination day.
I strongly believe that the processes involved in how to apply for Nigerian Defence Academy have been fully explained in this piece.
Therefore, it is advised you read the steps critically to understand all the steps and requirements before going any further to apply for it yourself. Also, ensure you use a computer preferably for a better application experience.
Make sure all the information given and the scanned documents are genuine because any candidate who uses fake documents will be arrested and handed over to the police for prosecution.
If you don’t seem convinced about your ability to do this personally, I advise you get the requirements ready and get someone to assist you do it or alternatively, you can do it while someone supervises what you do to avoid making costly mistakes.
Joining the Nigerian Defence Academy is a good thing because you will contribute to national development by safeguarding lives and property of Nigerians, and protecting our sovereignty and national integrity. But make sure you are academically sound and physically fit before thinking of applying to join NDA.