The Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has initiated the registration process for the 2024/2025 Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) for interested candidates nationwide. The JAMB Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, shared details during a meeting with media executives in Lagos State.
Key points about the registration process and requirements include:
- UTME candidates will register first before Direct Entry (DE) candidates.
- The sale of DE application documents and E-PIN vending will commence on Wednesday, February 28, and conclude by Thursday, March 28, 2024.
- The JAMB DE form is distinct from the JAMB UTME form and is for candidates seeking admission into the first year of a university program.
- Registration is only possible at JAMB offices.
- Applicants cannot apply for both JAMB DE and UTME in the same year.
- The JAMB DE form is an online application form submitted on the JAMB portal.
- JAMB recognizes and accepts twelve qualifications/certificates.
- A statement of result is accepted for registration only within three years of the date of award.
- Upgrade from UTME to DE is available only to candidates whose DE results have not been released at the point of UTME registration and those awaiting A-level results.
- The DE fee for the 2024/2025 session is N3,500, with additional charges for CBT Centre registration service, CBT Centre service charge for mock/UTME, and bank charges/commission, totaling N6,200 for non-MOCK candidates and N7,700 for MOCK candidates.
- National Identification Number (NIN) is mandatory.
- Bank payment: Use the e-PIN generated on the JAMB portal to pay.
- Online payment: Use your ATM card or USSD code on the JAMB portal to pay.
- POS payment: Pay with POS at any accredited CBT or JAMB office.
- Create your JAMB profile by sending your NIN to 55019 or 66019 as a text message. The format is ‘NIN’ [space] ’11-digit NIN number.’ You will receive a confirmation code.
- Log into the JAMB portal with the confirmation code.
- Visit an accredited bank, CBT Centre, or embassy (for candidates in foreign countries) to get the JAMB e-PIN. Provide your confirmation code and pay the required fee.
- After sending a message to 55019 or 66019, you will receive a 10-digit profile code, registered name with NIMC, and the total cost for UTME with or without Mock and DE.
- Present the profile code at the point of form procurement, and the e-PIN is sent to you via text message.
- Present the e-PIN at any JAMB-accredited CBT centre for registration.
To Retrieve a Lost Profile Code:
- Send [RESEND] to 55019 or 66019 as a text message from the registered cell phone number.
- The Profile Code will be retrieved and delivered to the registered cell phone number.
To Retrieve a Lost or Not Received e-PIN:
- Send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 or 66019 for UTME or DE, respectively, from the registered cell phone number.
- The e-PIN will be retrieved and delivered to the registered cell phone number