On October 19, 2023, President Bola Tinubu appointed Lanre Issa-Onilu as the Director-General of the National Orientation Agency (NOA).Here is what you need to know about the appointment.
Who is Lanre Issa-Onilu?
Lanre Issa-Onilu is a seasoned media professional with over 20 years of experience in the industry. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication from the University of Lagos and a Master’s degree in International Affairs and Diplomacy from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Tinubu appoints Muhammed Bulama as Director-General FRCN
- Wike is satanic; he invited Isrealis to kill all bearded Muslims in Abuja – Sheikh Gumi
- Impeachment: Ondo Assembly asks Deputy Gov to withdraw court cases
Before his appointment as the Director-General of NOA, Issa-Onilu was the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
What is the National Orientation Agency (NOA)?
The National Orientation Agency (NOA) is a Nigerian government agency responsible for promoting patriotism, national unity, and development among Nigerians. The agency was established in 2005 and is charged with the responsibility of educating Nigerians on government policies, programs, and activities. The NOA also works to promote peace, security, and social harmony in the country.
- Mr Ibu Biography of John Okafor, Age, education, career, marriage, movies
- Abba Moro submitted forged certificate to INEC, sack him and declare me winner – Onjeh tells court
What does the Director-General of NOA do?
The Director-General of NOA is the chief executive officer of the agency and is responsible for the overall management and administration of the organization. The Director-General oversees the day-to-day operations of the NOA and ensures that the agency fulfills its mandate of promoting patriotism, national unity, and development among Nigerians. The Director-General also represents the NOA in official functions and engagements.