Omowunmi Aloba, the wife of the late singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, famously known as Mohbad, has shed light on the reasons behind her strained relationship with her father-in-law.
She explained that Mohbad’s father believed she was responsible for driving a wedge between him and Mohbad, which ultimately caused the discord between them.
In her testimony before the Lagos coroner inquest on Tuesday, Omowunmi disclosed that her relationship with her father-in-law, Oladimeji Aloba, took a turn for the worse following the birth of her son, Liam.
- Why I slept with a married woman in my office – Michael Emeka Nwangwu
- Anthony Joshua reveals why he lives with wom at 34
- ‘You can’t be king of two political parties’ – Dele Momodu tears Wike apart
She told the coroner, Magistrate Adedayo Shotobi, that Mohbad’s father became upset with her because Mohbad decided not to hold Liam’s naming ceremony in Ikorodu.
She said, “I used to have a very good relationship with my father-in-law before the birth of my son, Liam. In fact, I used to invite him to our house on many occasions.
- BREAKING: Mother of viral ‘mummy calm down’ boy allegedly commits suicide
- Bianca Ojukwu uncovers mass grave in Anambra
“But because Mohbad was angry with him over some of the things he was doing and his refusal to hold our son’s naming ceremony in Ikorodu, he became angry with me, thinking I was the one behind it all.
“So he became my enemy and was not talking to me like before.”