In a harrowing account of the Otukpo bank robbery that unfolded on October 20, it has been revealed that approximately 15 lives were lost during the brazen attack. According to a reliable source, the culprits targeted four financial institutions in the town: Access Bank, First Bank, U.B.A, and Zenith Bank.
The devastating breakdown of casualties is as follows: seven individuals lost their lives at UBA, two were fatally injured at Zenith Bank, while two more perished at Stanbic IBTC.
An additional three people met their untimely demise at the Divisional Police Headquarters in Otukpo, situated directly opposite, beside, and adjacent to the main branch of First Bank in Otukpo town, as well as the nearby Stanbic Bank and Access Banks.
Furthermore, at the Homeland Defense Office, which also serves as the local vigilantes’ headquarters, two individuals fell victim to the assailants. At the time of this report, only one of the two injured individuals at this location has survived.
The report further discloses that as the robbers attempted to flee the town after a relentless two-hour rampage, they were confronted by soldiers who had set up a barricade along Otukpo/Taraku road.
- Funeral service: Gospel singer, Samuel Oguche arrives stage in a coffin (Photos)
- Nigeria’s Ambassador to Morocco, Nuhu Bamalli has passed away
- Subsidy: Tinubu increases civil servants salary by N35,000
- APPLY: LASU HND to Degree Conversion Form 2022/2023 Session is Out
- FUD Post UTME Form 2023/2024 is Out | How to Apply for FUD Post UTME Form
During an intense exchange of gunfire, one of the robbers lost his life, but the remaining criminals managed to escape with the body of their deceased accomplice.