Former Big Brother Naija reality show winner, Ijeoma Otabor, widely known as Phyna, has issued a public apology regarding her previous controversial statement on abortion.
Phyna faced significant criticism after she made a statement implying that “There’s no woman that can say she hasn’t done abortion once or twice.” This comment did not sit well with many, leading to widespread disapproval from thousands of Nigerians, including her fellow celebrities on social media.
In a statement released on her page, Phyna addressed the issue and expressed that she was misunderstood by the public. She clarified her stance and emphasized that she never intended to encourage abortion.
“Good day to all and sundry, I am Josephina Otabor a.k.a Phyna and I write this statement to address the issues concerning my interview about a very sensitive topic and I inaccurately suggested “all” women have engaged in it.
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Admission List for 2023/2024 session
- Burna Boy offers to pay Nigerian blogs to stop covering him
- I can’t wish it for anyone – Actor Amaechi Muonagor paralysed, cries out for help from hospital bed (video)
“Firstly, I will like to address the fact that in as much as I was misunderstood, I didn’t mean to project it on every female gender. I will never encourage abortion.
“I admit that I was being too expressive in the heat of the interview hence my assertions. I will reiterate that abortion is not a thing I stand for and I should not be seen in that light and I admit to all mistakes made.
- “Even if I stop singing today, my name will still be in Afrobeats Hall of Fame” – Rema toots his horn
- Latest News on Singer Mohbad’s Death, Autopsy Result Update Today, 2nd November, 2023
“I want to use this medium to thank my fans, family and friends for their constant love and support, I don’t intend to let you down.Thank you, Phyna.”