The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has officially announced the commencement of the 2024/2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) registration process. The registration period began on Monday, January 15th, 2024, and will run until Monday, February 26th, 2024.
The JAMB UTME for 2024/2025 will commence on Friday, April 19th, 2024, and will run until Monday, April 29th, 2024.
The exam will be conducted in computer-based test (CBT) mode at various accredited centers across Nigeria.
To register for the JAMB UTME, candidates are required to create a profile using their National Identity Number (NIN) at various CBT centers. They can use JAMB USS codes 55019 or 66019 to generate their profiles.
Candidates are advised to register early and avoid the last-minute rush. The registration fee for the JAMB UTME stands at N3,500, and payments will be cashless to prevent any form of extortion.
It is important to note that the JAMB Direct Entry (DE) for 2024/2025 will be open from Monday, January 15th, 2024, to Monday, February 26th, 2024.
DE candidates are those who have already obtained a diploma, NCE, OND, or equivalent qualification and wish to apply for admission into a degree program. DE candidates are also required to sit for the UTME, but they will be screened based on their previous qualifications.
JAMB has accredited 747 CBT centers for the 2024 UTME, marking an increase of 134 centers compared to the 2023 figure. Lagos leads with 80 accredited centers, followed by Ogun with 44 and Oyo with 42. Zamfara has the fewest accredited centers at 6, while Ebonyi and Kebbi both have 8.
2024 UTME: JAMB approves free registration for people with disabilities
The Joint Admission and Matriculations Board has said Persons Living With Disability who wish to sit for the 2024/2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination can register at no cost.
The JAMB Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, disclosed this while rolling out the registration process for interested candidates across the country.
While announcing that registration for the 2024 matriculation examination will commence on Monday, (today), Oloyede said JAMB will issue free application documents to all categories of Persons Living With Disability as a form of support.
“To support the PLWD, JAMB will issue free application documents to all categories of Persons Living with Disabilities in the advertisement for the 2024 UTME/DE,” he said.
Oloyede who disclosed that measures have been put in place to ensure a smooth exercise for all candidates, said audio books will now be provided for all blind candidates.
The registrar said the development was a digital adaptation of the traditional reading book, noting that it will come in popular audio formats such as MP3, WMV, and WMA which will be compatible with all devices that can stream audio records.
He said the suggestion for the provision of audiobooks was made at the first National Conference on Equal Opportunity of Access to Higher Education in Nigeria.
Apart from the blind candidates, other groups to benefit from the free registration according to the examination body are people with Down syndrome, Autism, Dyslexia disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Registration process and requirement
The registration process for the 2024/2025 Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) has been initiated by the Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) for interested candidates across the nation. Details of the registration process and requirements were shared by the JAMB Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, during a meeting with media executives in Lagos State.
Here are the key points regarding the registration process and requirements:
- UTME candidates will complete their registration before Direct Entry (DE) candidates.
- The sale of DE application documents and E-PIN vending will start on Wednesday, February 28, and conclude by Thursday, March 28, 2024.
- The JAMB DE form is specifically for candidates seeking admission into the first year of a university program and is distinct from the JAMB UTME form.
- Registration is only possible at JAMB offices.
- Applicants cannot apply for both JAMB DE and UTME in the same year.
- The JAMB DE form is an online application form submitted on the JAMB portal.
- JAMB recognizes and accepts twelve qualifications/certificates.
- A statement of result is accepted for registration only within three years of the date of award.
- Upgrade from UTME to DE is available only to candidates whose DE results have not been released at the point of UTME registration and those awaiting A-level results.
- The DE fee for the 2024/2025 session is N3,500, with additional charges for CBT Centre registration service, CBT Centre service charge for mock/UTME, and bank charges/commission, totaling N6,200 for non-MOCK candidates and N7,700 for MOCK candidates.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) is mandatory for registration.
- Bank payment: Use the e-PIN generated on the JAMB portal to pay.
- Online payment: Use your ATM card or USSD code on the JAMB portal to pay.
- POS payment: Pay with POS at any accredited CBT or JAMB office.
- Create your JAMB profile by sending your NIN to 55019 or 66019 as a text message in the format ‘NIN’ [space] ’11-digit NIN number.’ You will receive a confirmation code.
- Log into the JAMB portal with the confirmation code.
- Visit an accredited bank, CBT Centre, or embassy (for candidates in foreign countries) to get the JAMB e-PIN. Provide your confirmation code and pay the required fee.
- After sending a message to 55019 or 66019, you will receive a 10-digit profile code, registered name with NIMC, and the total cost for UTME with or without Mock and DE.
- Present the profile code at the point of form procurement, and the e-PIN is sent to you via text message.
- Present the e-PIN at any JAMB-accredited CBT centre for registration.
To Retrieve a Lost Profile Code:
- Send [RESEND] to 55019 or 66019 as a text message from the registered cell phone number. The Profile Code will be retrieved and delivered to the registered cell phone number.
To Retrieve a Lost or Not Received e-PIN:
- Send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 or 66019 for UTME or DE, respectively, from the registered cell phone number. The e-PIN will be retrieved and delivered to the registered cell phone number.
In conclusion, the JAMB UTME registration for 2024/2025 has commenced, and candidates are advised to register early and avoid the last-minute rush. The registration period will run until Monday, February 26th, 2024, and the exam will be conducted in computer-based test (CBT) mode at various accredited centers across Nigeria.
Candidates are also advised to adhere to the specified registration procedures and avoid falling victim to fraudsters or scammers who may claim to sell JAMB forms at a cheaper price.