The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) runs robust scholarship programmes which date back to the 1950s and have supported thousands of students, most especially from our host communities, many of whom are among Nigeria’s business, political and social leaders.
The objective of the SPDC JV scholarship programmes is to develop Nigeria’s talent of the future. In furtherance of this objective and to promote academic excellence among young Nigerians particularly those from less-privileged background, the SPDC invites applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian Students admitted in the 2021/2022 academic session to apply for the SPDC JV University scholarship awards.
Who Can Apply
The scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
1.) National Merit Award (NM)
- Open to all Nigerians.
2.) Areas of Operation Merit Award, (OM)
- For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level or possess proof of admission into Undergraduate programme in the 2021/2022 academic session
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International
- NNPC / SPDC JV University Scholarship Award Scheme 2023
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Applicants for Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, which must be duly stamped and signed by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development (CDC) or
- The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC) or
- The letters should be addressed to: “The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt, Rivers State”.
- P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
Application Closing Date
23rd August 2023
How To Apply
1. All applicants should have personal valid email account and phone number (for consistent communication)
2. All applications must be processed online, via https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/NNPCSPDCJV2023
3. Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to: The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Shell), Shell Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers-State.
4. Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents for upload:
a. Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px)
b. School ID card
c. University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter
f. JAMB Result
g. Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
5. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents
6. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:
a. Click on “Register” to create an account using your SPDC email address.
b. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
c. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
d. Enter your personal information, educational information, bank account information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
e. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order.
Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
Recheck application information to avoid errors Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/NNPCSPDCJV2023 to return to SPDC application site
Click “Apply Now” to submit information
f. You will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
- SPDC-JV DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- SPDC-JV DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications
- Applications open on the 26th of July 2023 and closes on the 23rd of August 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
- Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website
For more information, visit the official Scholarship Webpage